The process of collecting structured information — from users needing support, partners requesting to work with you, candidates applying to a job, and even from teams within your company — is often tedious and difficult to manage. We wanted a simpler way to get this information into Asana, with the rest of our work and communication. So, we decided to build an integration using our API, with our favorite tool for building beautiful custom forms, Wufoo.
With Wufoo and Asana, data you collect through web forms becomes actionable. With little work on your end and without any coding required, you can gather custom information that feeds directly into Asana tasks. Then you can add assignees, followers, due dates, and attachments, and connect data with other relevant Asana tasks and projects.
We’ve already started using the integration on multiple teams; here are some ways we suggest using Wufoo and Asana:
- Input bug details for bug/issue tracking
- Capture sales leads and manage them in Asana
- Collect support tickets from users
- Collect orders or requests (for swag!)
- Manage and categorize a list of event attendees
- Feed job applications into Asana
- Build a system for collecting employee referrals
1. Set up a Wufoo form: Go to Wufoo and create a form. These forms can be added to any webpage.
2. Link the Wufoo form to an Asana project: Set up a Wufoo webhook notification that points to an Asana project (http://wufoo.asana.com/project/[project_id]) with your Asana API key and the Field and Form Data checkbox checked. The data entered into the form will go directly into Asana.
3. Set up a deeper integration (optional): If you want to take your integration to the next level, we’ve also added functionality that allows you to create custom routing. Your form’s submissions can appear in Asana with a specific tag or assignee based on the selections made within the form.
For detailed setup instructions and to explore more ways to use Asana and Wufoo, check out the Asana Guide. To see what other tools connect with Asana, visit our apps page. Let us know how your team is using this integration!