We check our phones about a million times a day, and sometimes it takes longer than we want to find a quick piece of information. With Asana, sometimes you just want to know what needs to get done today–to check your tasks in between meetings, while commuting to the office, or when taking a coffee break.
The Asana mobile apps are great for that, but widgets are even better. Asana widgets let you see your tasks right from your phone’s home screen. And with the new Android widget (available in our latest release, out today) you can see your My Tasks list or any project list.
New Android widget
Android widgets are pretty awesome, and you can do a lot with the Asana widget on your Android phone. Install the widget to quickly see what you need to do today, take a look at a project list, or add a reminder for yourself or a teammate—all right from your homescreen.
You can configure the Asana widget to show your My Tasks list or any project list—whatever is most useful for you. Add multiple Asana widgets to have one for your My Tasks, and others for important projects. Scroll through the list right in the widget, and even create a task or conversation with the Quick Add button in the widget.
How to install the Android widget
- First, make sure you have the Asana app installed, and that you update to the latest version.
- Tap and hold on the home screen of your phone, tap on widgets, and move the Asana widget to your home screen. You can move and re-size the widget once it’s on your home screen.
- Select your My Tasks list or any project list to have it displayed in the widget.
With the iOS widget, you can pull down from your home screen anytime to see your top 5 tasks for today.
How to install the iOS widget
- Make sure you have the Asana iOS app installed.
- Pull down from the top of your home screen to see your widgets, and click edit to add the Asana widget.
- Click on any task to open the app and take quick actions from there.
So if you’re ever out and about and you need a quick reminder of what’s on your list today, install the iOS or Android widget, and let us know what you think!