In a world of distributed and hybrid work, it’s more important than ever for organizations to create seamless workflows that empower collaboration and enhance cross-functional visibility. That’s why we launched Asana Partners, a single platform for distributed work that connects over 200 essential application partners.
According to the Anatomy of Work Index, the average knowledge worker switches between 10 tools up to 25 times per day. This level of app switching makes it challenging for team members to prioritize and execute work. In fact, 27% of workers say they miss actions and messages when switching between apps. With seamless integrations between the apps that enterprises rely on every day, every team member can find the context they need in the tools they use the most—regardless of timezone or location.
Today, we’re excited to introduce our new ServiceNow integration to enable more effective collaboration between process management and operational teams. Create automated workflows between ServiceNow and Asana to get high-impact work done, no matter where your team is located.
“With our ServiceNow integration, distributed teams can now integrate workflows across teams, departments and tools. We’re thrilled to be partnering with ServiceNow to deliver enhanced enterprise workflows that our customers need today. By integrating the enterprise’s most essential tools, we’re enabling the world’s teams to have greater impact, with less effort.”Billy Blau, Head of Business and Corporate Development, Asana
Create connected workflows between Asana and ServiceNow
With this new ServiceNow integration, internal-facing service teams can automatically trigger task creation in Asana directly from a ServiceNow workflow. Limit app switching and reduce manual work by seamlessly integrating workflows across teams and the tools they use. Additionally, team members can:
- Create connected workflows between Asana and ServiceNow to reduce manual work and limit the need for app switching.
- Trigger task creation in Asana directly from a ServiceNow workflow to ensure key stakeholders have the context they need in the tools they’re in.
- Enable the ServiceNow integration at the Asana project level to ensure all in-person, remote, and distributed team members have the real-time information they need.
- Increase cross-platform visibility to make it easier for distributed teams to work together effortlessly.
For example, IT can set up a workflow to create an Asana task based on an incident’s severity level. When you log a performance issue in ServiceNow, an Asana task will automatically be created to alert the sales and marketing teams that customers may be having connectivity issues.
Teams in Asana can then take action—without leaving Asana. That way, key stakeholders can take timely action and resolve the ticket quickly and effectively. As the situation evolves, stakeholders in Asana have access to real-time updates so they are working off of the most up-to-date information.
Get started with our new ServiceNow integration
Our ServiceNow integration is now available to all ServiceNow accounts with a Starter IntegrationHub subscription (or above) and Asana Business and Enterprise customers.
To get started, enable the integration in both ServiceNow and Asana:
- Download the Asana ServiceNow integration from the ServiceNow Store. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the integration process.
- In Asana, you can enable the ServiceNow integration on a project level. Go to Customize, select Add app, and select the ServiceNow integration.
To learn more about Asana Partners, read our blog.